Finding a job is a task that can be very simple or somewhat complicated and more so when it comes to looking for work from home.
In this article we will tell you step by step how to find the best remote job option for you. Technology has helped the job search to be broader and less stressful every day, so you have to take advantage of it and get the best of what digital platforms offer on the Internet.
There are many ways that companies have to find new members. Technology has allowed the digital world to be the first way to publish job offers and to start a good tracking of the best employees. For this reason, it is possible to find the best work from home . Next, we will tell you what you must do to achieve it.
1. Make a good Curriculum Vitae
The first step is that you have a good resume to look for work. The following Curriculum Vitae templates are free, download the one you like the most and create your resume today:
If you want to see more options of resume templates, visit our original resume templates or find one based on your profile in our resume by profession link .
Once you’ve downloaded the ideal resume template, customized it in Word with your own information, and it’s completely ready, follow these steps to get it in PDF:
- Go to the “File” tab.
- Select the “Save As” option.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Save as PDF.”
Thanks to these simple steps, you now have a PDF resume that you can share from home via email, or upload it to job search platforms or send it via social media messaging to recruiters and interested parties.
2. Enter the best job portals
Every day there are more opportunities to find employment on the Internet through job portals. These work in similar ways, however they offer different options. Therefore, we recommend that you review the following sites.
Conventional job portals
- Indeed . To find work anywhere in the world, use this platform, it is one of the most complete and where you can even do your resume online.
- InfoJobs . This job bank will allow you to find the best job offers in Spain, Brazil and Italy. One of the employment portals that is gaining relevance.
- CompuWork. If you are looking for work in Mexico and Latin America, this is the right platform to find hundreds of job offers that are published every day.
Job portals for freelancers or self-employed workers
- Workana . It is an easy-to-use system for finding employment as a self-employed worker. It is a good option to get started in the world of freelancer.
- Upwork . This is one of the platforms with the largest number of job offers for self-employment. There is even the option of being hired permanently by a company.
- Fiverr . On this platform you show your work and offer what you do or what you have done and make your services or products available to potential stakeholders. It is a good option if you want to get clients who pay for your work.
3. Use tools like LinkedIn
LinkedIn is one of the best options for job hunting from home.
The first thing you should do is create a complete LinkedIn profile about your professional information, in this way, recruiters or interested parties will know if your profile meets the characteristics they are looking for.
To make the most of this social network, follow these recommendations:
- Customize your profile URL with your first and last name.
- Use keywords so that recruiters know what your profession is: digital manager, copy, doctor, nurse, teacher, researcher, among others.
- Include your skills, they are part of the keywords so that your profile stands out from the rest.
- Join groups and participate in them. In this way, you will be able to meet more professionals and make yourself known in specialized groups.
Remember that LinkedIn has a job search engine that you can access to find job offers in more than 190 countries. In this way, you can search for offers by country, region, city and find the ideal job for you.
4. Create your blog or social networks for your self-promotion
Today more than ever is the time to make use of social networks and take advantage of all the advantages they provide us.
Create your Youtube channel
If you have a professional service to offer that you can promote on YouTube, create your channel. For example, if you dedicate yourself to teaching, psychology, therapy or, in fact, to any profession, you can share your knowledge on your YouTube channel and thus make yourself known to more people in the world.
Open a professional Instagram account
With the help of creativity, create an Instagram account in which you show your work. You can use motivational phrases, your own designs, photographs of your products or services, some videos. And even make live broadcasts to meet and contact your followers.
Networking is one of the best tools to create professional contacts and make yourself known to people who have the same interests as you and who, in some circumstances, could help you get a good job.
The best news is that you don’t have to leave home to do good networking . Take advantage of social networks, especially LinkedIn, as we mentioned previously. Add people who are similar to you, share your professional interests, contact them through private messaging and ask if they know of vacancies or can share information about job offers that may interest you.
6. Look for remote work anywhere in the world
Something you should take advantage of looking for a job from home on the Internet is that everyone is connected. This way, no matter what region, country, city, continent you are in, you can get a deal on the other side of the world!
For this, you will have to send your resume in PDF, and follow our tips for possible job interviews on Zoom or for job interviews on Skype.
If you decide to follow the advice that we have given you throughout this article, you will get a job from the comfort of your home. Get the job of your dreams today!