To create your Curriculum Vitae there are many programs, online pages, free download templates and more. This time, we will explain how to make a CV in Photoshop in easy steps . To make a resume in PS , the first thing you should do is have the program installed on your computer.
Keep in mind that there are also templates that you can download in Photoshop and edit in this program directly with your personal information.
Steps to create your resume in Photoshop
Photoshop is one of the most complete design programs that exist, it is used by professional designers to create all kinds of graphic files. Next, we will give you the steps to create your resume in Photoshop .
1. Create the document with the necessary measurements and resolution
Go to the “File” menu and select “New”. A box will be displayed where you must enter the name of your file. In the “Predefine” field, choose the “Custom” option and enter the size of the width and height of your paper, either letter size (8.6 x 11 inches) or A4 size (8.27 x 11.6 inches). ). We recommend that the resolution you choose is 300 (for printing). And the color mode in RGB if you will do it digitally or in CMYK if you want to print it.
2. Trace the design
The first thing you should do is think about what CV design you want. This way you can place the graphic elements in the background of your document. For example, if you decide to split it into two vertical columns, you might want one of the columns to have a solid colored box in the background.
Place all the graphic elements you want for your resume. You may need measuring bars or points that indicate the level of proficiency in languages or some software. You can even design lines that divide the sections of your resume.
See also: How to make an Express Curriculum Vitae
3. Choose the ideal font
One of the advantages of making a resume in Photoshop is that the font options are more extensive than in other design programs. We recommend that you use a different font for your name and surname and another for the rest of the content of your Curriculum Vitae. Do not use more than three different fonts in your resume, as it will look excessive in design and graphic elements.
Find out what is the best typeface for a resume .
4. Edit the photo
So that your resume has a good photograph, we recommend you make use of the benefits of Photoshop.
In the “Image” menu, select “Adjustments” and take advantage of the variety of options that this editor contains: Levels, exposure, intensity, saturation, color balance, photo filter and more. You can even make use of the Clone Stamp tools. Dodge and Blur to add interesting touches to your photo and remove imperfections so that you look completely professional.
5. Save your resume as a PDF
Once you have finished your resume in Photoshop, we recommend that you export your file in PDF format. It is very simple:
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Select the “Save As” option.
- From the “Format” drop-down menu choose the Photoshop PDF option .
- You’ll be able to choose the option to preserve Photoshop’s editing capabilities (this is useful but makes your file heavier).
- Choose the Acrobat compatibility you want, usually 5 is the most used and select “Save PDF”.
Ready, in these simple steps you will have created your curriculum vitae in PDF .
Tips to make your CV in Photoshop
In addition to following the simple steps to make your resume in PDF, we give you the following tips to perfect your CV in Photoshop.
- Use the rules to order the elements of your design. In the “View” menu, select the “Rules” option. Once the measurements appear, click on the bar and without separating your finger from the cursor, drag it with the mouse towards your design, in this way, you will create rules that will allow you to know if the content of your CV is aligned.
- Create groups in the list of layers. By grouping the layers by section, it will be much easier for you to manipulate the sections of your CV, you may want to move the Professional Experience section, or the languages, this way it will be easier. To create a group, select the folder icon at the bottom of the “Layers” window and click on “Create a new group”, enter all the layers you want in that group and that’s it.
- Make use of autoselect . So that your design elements can be quickly modified, in the bar that appears below the menu, there is an option that can be activated called “Select. Automatic” activate it to edit each element of your design when clicking on it.
These tips will allow you to have the perfect resume in Photoshop . In this way, you will have the best resume and you will be able to get the job you want so much. The ideal job is closer to you every day.